Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day Six

Day 6: Love is not Irritable

Today is about not getting mad. "A loving husband will remain calm and patient, showing mercy and restraining his temper. Rage and violence are out of the question. A loving wife is not overly sensitive or cranky but exercises emotional self control. She chooses to be a flower among the thorns and respond pleasantly during prickly situations."

It says stress can come from two things: stress and selfishness. And selfishness can include lust, bitterness, greed, and pride.

The dare says "Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life."

Where do I need to add margin to my life? I don't know... I guess I mostly just need more help with the kids. Waking up during the night causes a lot of stress. As for wrong motivations, I know I have a lot of bitterness and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment