Monday, August 8, 2011

Day One

I have completed Day One of the love dare. Day one was "Love is patient." Today I was challenged to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative at all.

Today's journal section asks "Did anything happen today to cause anger toward your mate? Were you tempted to think disapproving thoughts and to let them come out in words?"

Unfortunately for people reading, I don't have much to say about today. But that is a good thing. Today was actually very easy for me. We didn't have any conflict at all, so it didn't take much effort to complete this challenge, and I don't have much to say about our experience. I think I'm generally pretty good at being patient, but today I paid extra attention to my patience. I went really well. I'm going to be continuing this, and we'll see how it works in the future.

As for tomorrow:

Day 2: Love Is Kind

It says patience and kindness are the cornerstones of love. "If patience is how love reacts in order to minimize a negative circumstance, kindness is how love acts in order to maximize a positive circumstance. PAtience avoids a problem; kindness creates a blessing."

It breaks kindness down into four ingredients: gentleness (be sensitive, never be unnecessarily harsh), helpfulness (meet your spouse's needs, even if yours are put on hold), willingness(be agreeable, cooperate, compromise, listen), and initiative(think ahead, then take the first step).

The dare is to do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment