Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crayons

Yesterday, Joon and I made crayons. Well, actually we just remade crayons. They were already crayons to begin with, we just modified them.

A few weeks ago, Walmart had school supplies on sale. Crayola crayons were just 25 cents for a pack of 24. I picked up four packs.

Joon helped me peel the paper off and break the crayons into pieces. I think this was a really good exercise to help her rebuild her fine motor skills.

Photobucket

Joon picked out color combinations, and put them into cupcake liners.

Photobucket

After a few minutes in the oven, the crayon pieces lost their form and began to melt together. I took the pan out and let them cool for a few minutes. After they solidifed, this was the result:

Photobucket

We only used half of the crayons for this batch, so we'll be able to do it again later. I think next time, I'm going to mix the colors up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment